Principal Purpose of the Job:
Assist Head / Relationship Managers (RMs) to grow Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) business with a view to meet set budgetary /
financial goals and develop new relationships. This will be achieved by representing and promoting the Bank, offering tailored products and services to clients in the NBFI sector including assistance
in maintaining client relationship, credit process, client on-boarding and portfolio management.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To assist Head / RMs in originating NBFI’s related businesses and help in meeting the departments strategic and financial goals /
- Provide back-up to Head / RMs NBFI’s and to liaise with other areas within the Bank including but not limited to Credit Risk, Credit
Administration, CDD and other teams within the bank.
- Maintain existing client relationships and assist with pitches for new clients. Participate in client due diligence meetings /
visits together with the Head / RMs to support new client on-boarding process and managing / strengthening existing relationships.
- Assist / manage client relationships and market to existing / prospective clients with the objective of closing sufficient
transactions, cross-sell bank’s products in order to meet agreed revenue targets.
- Prepare credit requests and if necessary present credit proposals / analysis in an impactful manner after taking into consideration regulatory and internal policy requirements. Fully communicate with Head /
Relationship Managers / Credit and provide recommendations from credit perspective in terms of facility elements such as size, structure, tenor etc.
- Assess proposed transactions within the context of the transaction structure to ensure structural risks are properly identified and
- Follow up any credit risk issues identified by the Department and prepare an investigation report.
- Complete, timely and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for all credit facilities in order to ensure
usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions, regular covenant monitoring, etc. as part of portfolio management.
- To monitor local and international credit market issues to ensure adequate precautions are available to minimise the Bank’s credit
- Assist / manage complete relevant facility documentation and other functions as may be required in the on-boarding process of new /
- Assist in the account planning process, including completing and maintaining relationship plans, files notes and call
- Contribute / assist Head / RMs in developing new products including obtaining internal product approvals by engaging and gaining
commitment of product specialists, liaising with different stake holders internally and externally.
- To provide analysis of competitors and benchmarks of the local market.
- Within the Three Lines of Defense framework, as a member of the Institutional Banking Department, together with Head / RM act as the
First Line of Defense with respect to ownership and ongoing management of credit risk within the portfolio. This includes the preparation of all credit memoranda (proposals) inclusive of new money
deals, annual reviews, portfolio management and credit modifications.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Head / RMs / Head of Department from time to time.
- Sound understanding of financial markets in general and the NBFI sector in specific such as Private Equity, Close / Open-ended Funds,
Asset Managers, Insurance Cos, Broker Dealers, etc.;
- Good NBFI credit analysis, portfolio management and relationship management skills;
- Good understanding of credit products such as Term Loans, RCFs, Capital Call / NAV facilities, FAL SBLCs, etc.;
- Experience of effectively using knowledge of credit products, processes and risks to make fair and informed lending
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is
articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences. Knowledge of Mandarin would be a plus;
- Advanced selling skills and willing to work the details personally;
- Hard and flexible working ethic, ability to quickly adapt and work with an expansive peer group and external professional
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500