Principal Purpose of the Job:
Assist Senior Relationship Manager to expand financial size of the bank in the Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) sector with a view
to meet budget and develop new relationships. This will be achieved by representing the Bank and promoting tailored services and products to the NBFI sector, together with assistance in the credit
procedure function throughout the process and portfolio management.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To assist Senior Relationship Manager in originating NBFI’s related businesses and help in meeting the departments strategic and financial
- Provide back-up to Senior Relationship Manager and to liaise with other areas in the Bank including but not limited to Credit, Loans
Admin and CDD Teams.
- Participate in client due diligence meetings/visits together with the Senior Relationship
Manager to support in client on-boarding process.
- Assist/manage client relationships and market to existing/prospective clients with the objective of closing sufficient transactions to
meet agreed revenue targets.
- Prepare credit requests and if necessary present credit proposals/analysis in an impactful manner after taking into consideration regulatory and internal policy requirements. Fully communicate with Senior
Relationship Manager/Credit and provide recommendations from credit perspective in terms of facility elements such as size, structure, tenor etc.
- Assess proposed transactions within the context of the transaction structure to ensure structural risks are properly identified and
- Follow up any credit risk issues identified by the Department and prepare an investigation report.
- Complete, timely, and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for all credit facilities in order to ensure
usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions, regular covenant monitoring, etc. as part of portfolio management.
- To monitor local and international credit market issues to ensure adequate precautions are available to minimize the Bank’s credit
- Assist/manage complete relevant facility documentation and other functions as may be required in the on-boarding process of
- Assist in the account planning process, including completing and maintaining relationship plans, files notes and call reports. Engage
and gain commitment of product specialists on client product solution and delivery.
- To provide analysis of competitors and benchmarks of the local market.
- Within the Three Lines of Defence framework, as member of the Institutional Banking Department, together with Senior Relationship
Manager act as the First Line of Defence with respect to ownership and ongoing management of credit risk within the portfolio. This includes the preparation of all credit memoranda (proposals)
inclusive of new money deals, annual reviews, portfolio management and credit modifications.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Senior Relationship Manager/ Head of Department from time to time.
- Sound understanding of financial markets in general and the NBFI sector in specific;
- A good understanding about lending products and deal structuring for Funds (capital call/subscription financing for Private Equity,
Credit, Infrastructure, Real Estate funds, UKITs, SICAVs), Asset Managers, Insurance, Broker Dealers, Financial Intermediaries, etc.
- Good NBFI credit analysis and Portfolio Management skills;
- Experience of effectively using knowledge of credit products, processes and risks to make fair and informed lending
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated
in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences;
- Advanced selling skills and willing to work the details personally;
- Hard working and flexible working ethic, ability to quickly adapt and work with an expansive peer group and external professional
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500