Principal Purpose of the Job:
Support a sustainable/profitable front office business in this industry-product segment (AF “the team”) as instructed by the Team Head
based on performance metrics agreed annually by senior management. Manage internal, post lending management requirements and assist DGM and Team Head with any internal reporting
Maintain effective relations with existing/new clients allocated to the segment. To include deal origination & execution of loans
utilizing syndications, agency, back & middle office operations;
Support the development of products and the regional business out of The Bank’s London office, including a sourcing, support &
placement relationship with Bank offices in AF areas, including but not limited to Head Office, overseas offices and the International network.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Contribute to team performance in terms of revenue, return on risk adjusted & regulatory capital, risk weighted assets, gross
profits plus other separately agreed key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Support balanced business growth across Asset Finance industry products both secured & unsecured, with a focus on quality
transactions originated/syndicated by the bank to underpin enhanced returns and churn assets through distribution where required.
- Act as first line of defence for preparation of credit proposals and initiate and co-ordinate customer due diligence, includes
accountability for: -
- Co-operation with the dedicated credit analyst, responsibility for preparation of all credit proposals including new business and
refinancing, annual reviews and credit risk modifications, thereafter liaise with Credit Risk Department for proposal to Senior Management Credit Committee;
- Proactively manage customer due diligence (CDD) and anti money laundering, terrorism and sanctions compliance, as first line of defence
co-ordinated with the dedicated CDD front office team thereafter passed to Compliance for approval.
- Monitor own (and assist Team Head) portfolio of clients and associated risks as first line of defence. Ensure that operational &
compliance policies are adhered by working with the relevant support functions.
- Contribute to strategy to enhance quality of the portfolio and market share. Develop and market innovative and niche Asset Finance
products to improve competitive advantage for the Bank, based on the London Office & Group strengths.
- During deal execution phase, handle the data & analysis information entry into GCMS and other systems linked to the completion of
credit applications required for lending and other ancillary banking business. This includes but is not limited to, ratings, limit submission, limit renewal etc.
- Handle pre & post lending management of client and transactions. This includes the CDD process, preparation of waiver requests,
annual reviews, company updates, adverse media, documentation, monitoring compliance and financial security aspects all related to existing clients and new prospects where relevant.
- Contribute to co-ordination with other offices where appropriate and especially where geographic features of arranged transactions
overlap. Support colleagues in the Head Office network and build co-operation and partner of choice status for the Bank’s London office.
- Follow established policies, rules, defined procedures to ensure business is realised in an organised co-ordinated fashion, including
adherence to defined, key deadlines (external/internal). Contribute to the efficient evolution of these rules in London & Group.
- Relevant experience in a similar role (e.g. in corporate banking, structured finance or credit analysis);
- Knowledge of the asset finance (aviation, shipping etc.) is preferable;
- Strong financial & credit skills including balance sheet, profit & loss, cash flows reviews, analysis and modeling;
- Good communication & interpersonal skills;
- Diligence, attention to detail, high productivity;
- Ability to learn, adapt quickly and to work under pressure & according to deadlines;
- Fluency in English and Mandarin speaking is preferable but not mandatory.
The Relationship Manager may be required to provide direct assistance to the Line Manager;
Business travel and client visits/meetings will be a requirement.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable
treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability.
Candidates are selected for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide
relevant supporting documentation.
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited