Our Client, a mid sized European Bank is currently looking for an Operations Officer to join their team, details below:-
Ensure day-to-day processing is performed to agreed service standards and in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Process inward debit and debit clearings for the branches, to authorise and deal with HSBC clearing, debits and credits, mailbox with
standing orders on daily basis
- Carry out-processing duties in accordance with the Bank’s policies, and Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering
- Liaise with branches, HSBC and other banks in order to resolve outstanding items on the Nostro reconciliation
- As MLO, file note and report any suspicious transactions to the MLRO, and monitor that all operational processes are carried out in
accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures, and Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Deal with customer cheques within set timeframes
- The preparation of payment orders & money transfers
- Inputting of swift payments and amendments
- Verifying/authorising/payments amendments on Swift and Globus
- Deliver a high quality customer service at all times
- Provide cover for Back Office when necessary
- Is responsible for inputting deals into Temenos as part of the Treasury and Credit back office operation team.
- Liaise with the Branches under the guidance of the Team Leader to check account opening forms, initial AML checks, relevant scanned
documents and the Globus entries.
- Assist the Team Leader as required and directed.
Call Centre (Rotation)
- To order cheque, paying in book, bankers’ draft, counter cheque, HSBC paying-in book.
- To follow up of LLOYDS TSB (6101) TRY (6640) reconciliation.
- Helping customers with internet banking and provide sufficient information about the procedures.
- Carry out any operational processes in accordance with the Bank’s procedures, and Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering
- Be aware of potential money laundering transactions and report and file note any suspicions to MLO.
- Opening postal accounts
- Ordering activating debit cards and resolving issues related to the debit cards.
- Inputting swift payments MT103
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- GCSE level or equivalent degree in English and Maths is required. Willing to further education in banking.
- Experience of working in a customer-focussed environment
- Experience of successful team working.
- A good understanding of the bank’s products, services and processes and of the customer relationship.
- Computer literate
- Articulate and verbally fluent, easy to understand.
- A responsible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible approach to work.
- A demonstrable ability to work carefully and accurately at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to a high standard
- A flexible attitude to the team’s work, including a willingness to reprioritise and undertake any of the tasks of the Senior Operations
Officer, often at short notice, as directed by the Team Leader or the Senior Operations Officer.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500