Purpose / Context
- The Market Risk Manager will be responsible for market risk oversight, analysis and reporting. Designing risk monitoring framework, assist in setting risk policies,
working with technology on implementation of front office risk system and reporting of significant risk exposures to senior management.
- The role also includes responsibilities as 2nd line control providing guidance and challenge to the business surrounding the Operational Risk Framework including, the
articulation and escalation of operational risks, providing advisory support, new product approval due diligence, and ensuring that the business appropriately represents its risk and controls on the
Risk Control Assessment and Operational Risk Inventory.
- Identifying, measuring and managing Interest rate risk, FX risk and other market risks.
- Monitor market-related risks against predefined limits established by senior management.
- Production of daily risk management reports, scheduled reports to Head Office and periodic report and/or memorandum to Local senior management.
- Work closely with front office to assess trading capability of new products and business strategy.
- Work with front office to establish and review risk appetite framework and business strategy to achieve revenue target and new business growth.
- Reviewing new products from a market risk perspective and will need to work closely with Business, Finance and Treasury to ensure that the market risks are
- Review and challenge of Product and Structural hedging strategies proposed by Treasury.
- Ensuring compliance with Bank Market Risk policies
- Serve as the Risk Partner providing independent oversight and advice surrounding operational risks.
- Assist the business and infrastructure in the evaluation and assessment of risk events that may lead to operational, financial, and/or reputational issues.
- Ensure that the Operational Risk framework is understood and effectively applied.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure that risk events are appropriately documented, reported, and remediated.
- Assess Operational Risks associated with new products and/or initiatives
- Support strategic initiatives and special projects as assigned by Risk or the business.
- Participate in committees, forums and working groups to ensure that Operational Risks are appropriately understood and addressed.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc)
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in capital markets space
- Knowledge of derivatives and their key risks, particularly interest rate and FX products.
- Strong knowledge of VaR, EaR, EVE and other market risk management tools and practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of governance and control frameworks
- Excel (intermediate) and Word proficiency is a prerequisite, along with knowledge in spreadsheet base macros such as Visual Basic etc.
- Good organisational and follow-up skills and the ability to under the pressure of deadlines
Candidates must have an up to date UK/EU work permit
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500