Our Client is an International Bank currently searching for an IT Officer/System Administrator, based in the City of London.
The IT Helpdesk is a key role within the bank’s IT Department, supporting all UK branches and Backoffice in India. This role requires a
good understanding of networking, infrastructure, cloud technologies, operating systems, security systems, and must provide end to end support for all the banks systems.
- Maintain daily operations of the IT and Telecom infrastructure.
- Administration and maintenance of M365 environment and Active directory servers.
- Administration of Firewall & antivirus servers.
- Manage the relationship with technology Vendors and outsourcers (Infrastructure/Telecoms related).
- Promote and Maintain adherence to the Bank’s key IT policies and procedures.
- Administer the hosted telephony solution system, unified call recording systems & CCTV systems.
- Raise and follow up on issues affecting the performance of the IT infrastructure (servers, Firewall, desktops, laptops and portable
- Manage the helpdesk application to meet the TAT & make sure feedback is given to the relevant parties throughout the lifecycle of
an issue or request.
- Manage installation, configuration and maintenance of system hardware and software related tasks
- Manage application problems/incidents and escalate product queries and bug fixes to the vendor.
- Manage the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity and the power down exercises of IT infrastructure in line with the
- Create and maintain necessary documentation.
- Ensure access privileges are relevant and up to date.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent experience on the management of Windows environment.
- Very good understanding of network concepts including LAN, MPLS, VPNs and routing.
- Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Group Policies and Active Directory.
- Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office products including Microsoft 365 and SharePoint.
- Good system configurations knowledge of core banking, treasury and allied applications.
- Working knowledge of Telephony environment.
- Willingness/ability to travel to our other offices on occasions as required.
- Working knowledge of cyber security tools and their implementation
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ hands-on work experience in an IT support environment and M365.
- Experience with full IT infrastructure migrations
- Certifications in M365 is an advantage.
- Cisco networking or equivalent certifications Character & Personal Qualities
- Team player with good communication skills
- Detail oriented individual with good analytical skills
- Excellent organisation, time management and fast paced working nature
- Able to provide creative solutions and alternative to current configurations
- Ability to work under pressure in a small team, often unsupervised
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500