Assist Chief Finance Officer and Finance Team Leader in regulatory reporting and all types of routine accounting work.
- Prepare and present for approval all finance related regulatory reports to be submitted to the PRA and FCA using Gabriel, Beeds and
OSCA systems of the regulators.
- The regulatory reports are the various COREP capital and liquidity reports, applicable IFRS FINREP reports, PRA reports and Capital+,
BT, ELS and C1 reports.
- When time allows from the regulatory reporting work streams help the Finance Team Leader with the following work streams:
- Prepare daily and weekly Nostro reconciliations.
- Process general expense invoices and keep VAT records.
- Prepare fixed asset record for corporation Tax calculation and External Auditors.
- Maintain fixed asset records and reconcile totals with General Ledger.
- Update monthly Inland Revenue BRT Report and agree totals with General Ledger.
- Preparation of basic management accounts analysis.
- Prepare daily management report.
- Prepare monthly suspense control accounts report.
- Prepare monthly outstanding Nostro reconciliation.
- Passing accounts and back-office journal entries.
- To undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required. The list of duties in the
job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
- BSc degree required in Finance and Accounting or equivalent.
- ACCA/ACA/AAT (Partly qualified or student)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of basic accounting experience.
- Prior experience in regulatory reporting of banks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A responsible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible approach to work
- A demonstrable ability to always work carefully and accurately.
To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of The Bank’s Equal Opportunities and be able to carry out duties in accordance
with this policy.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF): All staff must be aware and understand
the FSA’s requirements regarding Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) incorporated in the Bank’s Policy and remain committed to ensuring the 6 outcomes are achieved.
- Fraud Prevention Policy statement no.18: All management and staff must be
alert to the possibility of fraud, ensuring that no action is undertaken on behalf of the Bank or a customer without a clear understanding of the purpose and background to the
- Attention to Detail: Ensures that information is correctly processed, and
that work complies with relevant internal/external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Team Working: Works co-operatively with others; openly exchanging
information where appropriate and supporting colleagues to achieve departmental goals.
- Planning and Control: Achieves departmental goals by establishing
priorities and managing time efficiently
- Adapting to change and uncertainty: Improves personal effectiveness in
response to changes at work by identifying new learning and self-development opportunities that arise from the change and working towards them.
- Self-Motivation: Carry out every task set to the best of your ability,
looking for ways to improve performance and standards, setting personal goals at or beyond business expectations.
Suggested Performance Measures
- Effective use of all available resources
- Submission of all regulatory returns under responsibility on time
- Timely completion of own and departmental work
- Adherence to procedures and regulations
- Contribution to the department’s objectives
- Contribution to continuous improvement
- Carry out any other duty as required by the Chief Finance Officer/Team Leader
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500