Purpose / Context
- The Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the credit process, policies and activities fall within the parameters of
the bank's policies and standards and appropriate legislation.
- Perform risk assessment on credit proposals submitted by front line, exercise credit judgment and make credit
- Ensure the quality of credit applications is up to standard, in particular with regards to completeness and accuracy of information and
depth of risk analysis.
- Challenge the Business where applicable in terms of credit need, structure and pricing with marginal return.
- Perform pro-active credit monitoring and management on clients as well as portfolio levels
- Ensure all internal credit policies and procedures are aligned with regulatory requirements
- Assist in preparing credit reports / proposal to management
- Position Risk as a strategic partner to the business. Engage internal customers regularly by understanding and sharing vision, best
practice, challenges and potential solutions, as well as by working collaboratively on guidelines, policy documents and other Risk Management Meeting papers.
- Participate in credit related projects as assigned from time to time
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 5 years or above experience in credit risk management or corporate credit approval, preferably gained within an international
branch of foreign banks
- Sound knowledge of the bank's products including capital market products and the associated risk issues.
- Ability to make sound credit judgment with a well-balanced risk commercial consideration approach.
- Sound understanding of the risk issues across a wide variety of corporations, industries and regions;
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in all directions both verbally and in writing, including the ability
to handle difficult discussions for challenging credit requests.
- Bachelor or above in Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accountancy or related disciplines
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidates must have an up to date UK/EU work permit
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500