Purpose of Job
- Assist Head of Risk and Deputy Head of Risk to manage a robust Credit Risk Management Framework for the London Branch, to ensure that
London Branch has appropriate systems and controls in place for measuring, managing and controlling credit risk.
- Assist credit risk management which including credit policy, credit review and approval, post-loan credit management, bad loan
collection etc. to ensuring that the business appropriately under risk controls.
Key result areas
- Appropriate Risk Management framework with appropriate systems and controls in place
- Effective creation and use of MI for risk measuring, monitoring and control
- Performance and achievement against branch and department KPI’s
- Effective communication with HO on risk related issue
- Head of Risk
- Deputy Head of Risk
- Risk department counterparts in Head Office
- Risk Management Department Staff
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist to provide advice on all aspects of credit risk management including ensuring that the branch has robust standards, controls and
practices in place to mitigate the credit risks which could impact upon its capital, earnings, reputation, business operations, opportunities or otherwise.
- Assist to provide timely information on the credit portfolio performance, credit approval information, early warning signal management,
and identification of risk trend through regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Assist to manage the risk management committee and credit committee and support the chairperson of the above committees.
- Assist to delivery of the credit policy framework including branch risk appetite framework, pre-loan credit policy, credit review and
approval policy, post-loan policy, internal rating model development, delegation of authority of branch etc.
- Maintain the effective communication line with HO corresponding departments on related risk issues
- Assist to manage the credit review & approval process and implement the new product credit assessment.
- Assist to manage the post loan credit review & annual review process.
- Ensuring compliance with bank credit risk policies.
- In addition to these duties, the Employee may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties within his/her
capacity as necessary to meet the needs of the Bank's business.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking or Business Management.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in UK wholesale banking industry, preferably with good understanding of Chinese
- Demonstrable experience in performing risk rating and credit reviews of large corporates.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin, with demonstrable experience in producing both English and Chinese written reports.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; with ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated
in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Demonstrable understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500