Principal Purpose of the Job:
This role will be responsible for credit matters in Institutional Banking Department by working with FI/NBFI RMs to prepare credit
proposal/review on a wide range of banks and non-bank FI’s to ensure a smooth credit process, as well as monitor credit exposure for the portfolio, including due diligence, credit rating and post
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Support RM to perform credit risk analysis and assigning internal credit ratings on financial
and non-financial institutions. It might be necessary to participate in client due diligence visits and conference call
- Assess proposed transactions within the context of the transaction structure to ensure structural risks are properly identified and
- Participate in client due diligence meetings/visits as and when required so as to assist SRM/RM
in client on-boarding process.
- Prepare and present credit proposal and analysis in an
impactful manner after taking into consideration the creditworthiness, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Perform internal rating and credit process by utilising the Bank’s credit management system. Carry out asset classification management
in line with the Bank’s internal policy.
- Communicate the rationale for rating and credit recommendation to internal or Head Office stakeholders. Fully communicate RM/Credit Department and provide recommendations from credit perspective in terms of facility elements such as size, structure, tenor etc. Attend the Credit
Committee to make sure questions raised are properly explained.
- Complete timely and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for clients and credit facilities in order to
ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions, regular covenant monitoring, etc. as part of portfolio management.
- Follow up any credit risk issues identified by the Department and prepare an investigation report.
- Monitor market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments; assess their impact on credit quality of
- Assist RM and legal counsel to ensure setting credit terms in the legal documentation and assist the negotiation process of credit
aspects with clients.
- Assist RM to complete relevant credit facility documentation and other functions as may be required in the on-boarding process of
- To monitor local and international credit market issues to ensure adequate precautions are available to minimise the Bank’s credit
- Provide back-up to the SRM/RM and to liaise with other areas of the Bank including but not limited to Credit /Loans Admin and CDD
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Department and Deputy General Manager.
- Experience of credit assessment and a broad knowledge of FI and NBFI credit risk.
- Good understanding about lending products and deal structuring for Funds (capital call/subscription financing for buyout, credit,
infrastructure, real estate funds, UKITs, open ended funds), Asset Managers, Insurance, Broker Dealers, Clearing Houses, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin would be a plus.
- Well developed judgment in the field of credit risk management and analysis.
- Knowledge of the credit markets and economic/banking system conditions in Europe, and especially within the territories contained
within the portfolio.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is an
articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Quick learner, able to adapt to new environment.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and ensures that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of
gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Candidates are selected for
interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting
For further information, please contact:
Enrico Castagnetti, Wintermann Search & Selection Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7711 267500